I am super excited today for this episode in which I talked to Susan R. Nelson. Susan recently published her book The Only Light I Saw was in Galveston: My Six Year Journey Back … After Death! I am always looking for great rebound stories and a common friend, Stacey Lemire, introduced me to Susan. Reading from her book, I know that she is a fighter! She has to overcome a long journey six years journey, moving to different places, working different jobs, and fighting for her right.
Quotes from this episode:
- “I think everyone can pretty much agree that the road of life is not a straight line. There are hills and valleys, twist and turns and ups and downs.” Susan’s journal entry Saturday March 17th 1996
- “It’s tiring and hard work to come back, BUT the alternative is to live in a pity pot and not have the life I should have.”
Questions I asked during this episode:
- The reason Susan wrote the book.
- What happened on 4th April 1993.
- The immediate challenges Susan faced after waking up from the coma.
- How Susan’s her strength to keep on fighting and come back.
- Why Atlanta was a growing spot for Susan.
- How Susan got started writing.
- How journaling or writing help Susan’s recovery.
- Susan’s best tip for journaling.
- Susan’s favourite quote.
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
- Get Susan’s Book : The Only Light I Saw Was In Galveston: My Six Year Journey Back…After Death!
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/theonlylight/