“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.…”
quote from Theodore Roosevelt’s speech “Citizenship in a Republic.” The speech, sometimes referred to as “The Man in the Arena,” was delivered at the Sorbonne in Paris, France, on April 23, 1910.
Emmanuel Wolfe, Manny what his friend called him. shared with me about his personal experience going through some of the toughest low points in life, but he got through and come back even stronger. From raise in cult, lived in one of the most violent city is USA, homeless, addicted to drug, drinker, etc. Now he has transformed not just his life but also others as a speaker, coach and recently as an author. Manny helps others using Motivational Psychology, Neuroscience, and good old fashioned hard work to overcome the barriers between ourselves and our optimal self. He is a living example that you can change your life, wherever you are in life now and it is never too late.
Quotes from This Episode:
- “You need to have a determination, you also need tools, you need strategy, you need positive reinforcement, you need good messages all the time, but in addition to those things you’ve got to have tenacity, you’ve got to have grit.”
- “There has to be a reason pushing you to change that is stronger than the hold of whatever the habit is.”
- “Have enough pressure pushing you, that you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone and change that (bad) habit.”
- “Get up one more time than you fall.”
Some Questions I Asked:
- How did Manny end up planning murdering another guy?
- What were the challenges Manny faced when he started changing to live a better life?
- What was the biggest lesson Manny learnt from his early years?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to be consistent when you are giving up a bad habit.
- Different types of habits.
- How to change habits which come from habitual thinking.
- How to breakthrough from unhealthy eating habit such as potato chip, chocolate bar, etc.
- And many more!
Books Mentioned and Recommended:
Reach out to Manny:
Get Manny’s book The Tao of The Unbreakable Man HERE www.mannywolfe.com !
You can follow Rebound Stronger at:
Fauzi is consultant at Advisian, an aspiring entrepreneur. He hosts Rebound Stronger Podcast which focus on sharing key lessons from overcoming various adversities. He interviews various successful people with powerful and inspiring coming back stories.
Subscribe to Rebound Stronger Podcast: http://reboundstronger.com/itunes
Refer to this on how to subscribe http://reboundstronger.com/subscribe
Visit our website for show notes: http://reboundstronger.com
Connect with amazing podcast guest at our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/reboundstronger/Share This