I got to know about Rodrigo Caetano through one of Michael Hyatt’s newsletter which highlighted Rodrigo’s life transformation in 2015. I was so impressed with his achievements in 2015, immediately I reached out to him and he replied. He is a very accomplished man. He holds MBA degree from University of British Columbia. He is the Founder and past president of HSBC Speech Architects Toastmaster. He is currently principal consultant for WhiteLeaf Management consulting. Where he works on clients from various industry such as technology, mining and banking industries. Helping them in developing their strategic business plan. He speaks five different languages. The other side of him. He is a photographer, an author and a speaker. His biggest passion now is to use photography a means to help people find their creativity and also to reduce stress. Photography as a therapy that’s what he mentioned to me. He recently publish his photography book, Satellites, a collection of three year photography project, to showcase the different aspects of the day to day life of Brasilia suburbs captured in B&W Film. Well, I brought him as a guest not because of his expertise in composition or his achievement in professional life, those are the bonuses. More than that, I want him to share with us his tips in overcoming difficulties, especially in dealing with business failure.
Quotes from this Episode:
- “Learning to overcome adversities is an essential skill.”
- “You need to step back and see whether things are making sense, without the whole load of emotion, like you are watching a movie.”
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Accepting our failure and admitting that we have failed. Stop living in the past and stop wondering all the possibilities we could have done.
- Build back confidence and momentum.
- Building habit of writing and journaling to process what we go through in life.
- Knowing when to continue move forward, pushing harder and when to quit and change your strategy.
- Tips on taking great pictures:
- Take picture with your heart.
- Take picture with the equipment what you have.
- Print your pictures.
- Have focus: starting your day by writing down what are the important things I need to accomplish today.
Book Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- How to Feed a Starving Artist by David duChemin
- Die Empty by Todd Henry
- Refuse to Choose by Barbara Sher
Follow Rodrigo Caetano: